As much of America is returning to work, the CDC has issued guidance for businesses on how to do so safely. You can read the CDC’s full advice here.
Some quick tips:
· All employees should wear masks and maintain social distancing.
· If social distancing isn’t feasible in your workspace, consider using partitions or continuing telecommuting if possible.
· Create a schedule for regularly sanitizing workspaces.
· Increase ventilation where possible, and regularly change air filters.
· At-risk employees may prefer to continue working from home or alter their responsibilities to avoid as much contact with others as possible. Employers should encourage this, but never force an employee to comply.
· Everyone should embrace new practices: no more handshaking, take meetings online where possible, and stay home if you are sick.
If you have questions on how to return to work safely, contact us for a free, 30-minute consultation with an employment lawyer.